JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 microphone stopped working

(Topic created: 06-01-2020 02:23 PM)
userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, has anyone experienced their Active 2 microphone not working! 

Verizon is currently sending out a 5th watch since December.  The previous 4 have quit working.  None have been abused or even heavily used.  I can make calls but the other person can't hear me.   Help!!

18 Replies
Solution
userxqIkIcY5Nd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes.

After clearing cache, resetting etc my microphone still wasn't working.  Then thought why is everyone reporting a problem after a few weeks of wearing.  Got to be a blockage.  Sure enough!  After carefully cleaning with a pin it is now working perfectly!

I wonder if that is the solution for everyone else?

Fingers crossed!

userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My 6th is working great so far.  It's the only one I didn't do a restore on.  Perhaps it was one of the apps I downloaded from the galaxy store. 

0 Likes
userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have gmail and Yahoo accounts.  Works fine. 

0 Likes
usercC4G852Hkp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the information userxqIkIcY5Nd.

I was troubleshooting my wife's watch that has the same problem. After carefully cleaning the tiny hole for the mic with a paperclip, it resolved the problem. The mic is located on the right side of the watch, between the two buttons. 

Good luck everyone. 

userxqIkIcY5Nd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Great to hear that you have been able to resolve the problem!

I'm so annoyed with myself that I didn't think about it before resetting the watch.  

Sometimes we over complicate things and ignore the glaringly obvious. 

0 Likes
usernaFhlQv3tE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

After dealing with this issue for 6 months, cleaning it with a tiny pin fixed the issue! Your a life saver. 

0 Likes
user0eJWvGVoSc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If I get rid of my gmail account eill lose everything I have on google and do I need a samsung email

0 Likes
userO4qaIVVzAk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, mine has stopped working twice. The first time I carefully cleaned the area around the microphone and it started working again, but now nothing seems to help. Seems this is a known issue. I'm really disappointed with Samsung. I had the first active watch, but it quit working after I swam in it, which it is supposedly capable of doing. When I talked to support they said they wouldn't replace it if it was due to water damage. Hello, it has a feature to count your swim laps! I bought this new watch thinking it would work better, but a few months in I'm having the same kinds of problems--the microphone isn't working and in the middle of a workout it decided my workout was over and shut down. Very, very disappointed with Samsung.

0 Likes
Levi99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Active 2 for Christmas and loved the watch but then my microphone quit working. From what I'm reading, I should go exchange my watch. I also read something about an update. What should I do?
0 Likes