Original topic:

Always on Display Battery Drain

(Topic created: a month ago)
ekovacs
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Previously, I had a Watch5 Pro, and the Always On Display used about 10% of my battery. I got my Watch7 about a month ago, and every time I checked it now uses 30-40%. What's causing this?
5 Replies
Termineitex77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you find the solution tell us, but for me I had to turn that thing off since it has a newer sensor, so it might take a couple of updates to save more battery
0 Likes
TinaFly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Always on display is going to drain your battery. That is to be expected. It takes more battery life to keep the display on all the time, and your watch only has a certain amount of battery life based on design. How long that battery lasts or is maximized depends on the settings you have put in place. I don't have always on display turned on. I turned it off and I tap to display. My battery lasts for over 24 hours. Your watch is working as expected based on the setting you have it on.
0 Likes
ekovacs
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
The point of the new watch was the "always on display engine" which was supposed to reduce the amount of battery being used. It's only been increasing.
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Might be a calibration issue in the software but in general and always on display no matter how good is going to drain the battery it's either a battery calibration or software calibration if there's an engine specifically for it then it might be the software
0 Likes
ekovacs
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree that it drains the battery, and it did on both watches. The problem is that one of them uses three times more power for the same thing.
0 Likes