JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notification when not connected to phone

(Topic created: 01-23-2020 11:01 AM)
user3ckEDyyXrF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have an Samsung s8 and Galaxy watch, both updated to latest builds.  Every time I am wearing my watch and walk out of bluetooth distance of my phone, I get a notification on the watch.  This is especially annoying when my phone is charging and I'm walking around my house, going in and out of bluetooth range.  I tried experimenting with the notification settings in the Galaxy Wearable app, but can't find the one that handles that notification.  Anyone have any ideas?

19 Replies
userYQxkHTom45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

thanx for that, i was facing same problem from few weeks and it resolved the issue instantly

0 Likes
user8dv2fbABv8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same problem. Especially when I decide to wear a different watch for the day and leave my Galaxy Watch at home. I keep getting random "Disconnected from Galaxy Watch" alerts even if my bluetooth is turned off.
0 Likes
userXIDIUbYNFZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree this didn't work for me either, although I left it off.  What seems to work is going to watch app on phone and clicking 3 lines , then App notifications and click device disconnected.  I am not hearing disconnect/connect notifications anymore.

userRLV2EihXqF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This help me thanks!!!

0 Likes
usernriDJHzDR3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This didn't solve it for me ;(

I use my watch when I go running and I don't take my phone with me.... I purchased the watch for that reason becuase I can download spotify playlists.

Anyway every few minutes when I am running I get a full screen message saying Keep seeing "Connect using bluetooth? Yes/No"
It is super annyoing becuase I have to keep dismissing it all the time to be able to see my running stats (eg heart rate etc).

NB: Settings>Connections>Alerts is switch off but I still see the message

userrksOt3XrCH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Awesome! This was really anoying. Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes
useraE7seSwpNm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the opposite problem. Annoyingly no notification when I left my phone. Fixed. Thanks. 

0 Likes
userOiGZWh7nIC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, 

I have the Samsung Fit 2 and the setting is not on the band but well hidden in the Samsung Wearable app.

Don't use the too obvious "Notifications" menu, instead open the menu next "Galaxy Fit2"

You will the find the "App Notifications" menu.

There you can disable the "Device Disconnected" alert which is enabled by default.

Done with these annoying notifications when the band to too far away from your phone.

I hope this helps.

Galaxy Wearable menuGalaxy Wearable menuNotificationsNotifications

userVe1xo10RYM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you so much friend!

P.S. I can't believe such a big brand did such a dumb implementation of an obvious feature. I am ashamed of them.

userCBTFvdLjv3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't mind the feature (tells me when I forget my phone as I'm leaving the house) but for me, the problem is that it's overriding the Do Not Disturb setting and wakening me up during the night vibrating. Any ideas how I can leave the setting switched on but have it silenced when the watch and phone are set to Do Not Disturb? Thanks!

0 Likes