Original topic:

Battery is awful. What's wrong??

(Topic created: yesterday)
ayeohh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Today was my second full day of using the Watch 7 and it has completely drained 100% from 7am-5pm. Within the first hour it has already drained 10%. With 5% remaining, the mode switched over to "Watch only" but it lasted less than 5 minutes before turning off. Out of desperation to get through the work day with a charge, I tried to use Powershare from my S22. Unfortunately, I get a message stating that the two are not compatible. 

Settings:
Always On: off
Heart Rate monitor: manual only
NFC: off
Brightness: 25%, auto adjust is off
Face: black background. No weather. 
Gestures: off
Tap to turn on: off

I'm not really sure what else to turn off without the Watch being completely useless...
2 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can turn off wi fi. If you are not using the phone in standalone mode and it will be connected to your phone via BT, you can put it in airplane mode with BT on. The battery will last longer. 2 days is not a lot to determine battery life. It takes 3-5 for the watch to determine your usage patterns. Get sn extra charger for your workplace and give your watch a boost at some point during the day.
bella_rivera
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi!
The battery should improve within a week or two. The watch is just learning your usage patterns. If the battery drainage continues, try wiping cache partition. Here are the steps:
- On your watch, press and hold the home and back button simultaneously until screen goes black. (do not worry about the power settings that will appear, ignore that)
- Once the Samsung logo appears, let go of the buttons and then quickly double-press the home button. It will give you some options.
- To go down where it says "Recovery", you want to click the home button until it highlights "Recovery".
- To select "Recovery", press and hold the home button.
- The Samsung logo will pop up and after some waiting you'll be in recovery mode. After that, you can swipe up and down to scroll through the menu.
- Scroll down with your finger and make sure that "wipe cache partition" is highlighted. To select, simply press the home button. Hope this helps your battery issue!

Unfortunately powershare is not supported on the watch 7.