Original topic:

Bluetooth

(Topic created: Saturday)
aschaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Why do I need to have the bluetooth on my phone and watch if my watch and phone have cellular data? 
0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You want to get app notifications don't you?  If your watch is not connected to your phone by BT, then you will not get notifications for any app that's not also on your watch. What's your issue with having BT?  Do you not want to connect ear buds or headphones or a speaker at any time?

0 Likes
aschaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't have an issue with bluetooth. My issue is that my watch isn't working right on data unless it's constantly connected to my phone via Bluetooth so I have to have the bluetooth on the entire time with my phone? Only time I need it is if I'm using my ear buds
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Silly and obvious question, but do you have mobile data turned on on the watch?  I used to turn it off in an effort to save battery, but it turns out the wi-fi (even in standby) was using more energy than mobile data, and I found without the mobile data on I could not use Google Maps or G-Board voice if I was in a location where there was no network or an incompatible wi-fi network that I couldn't connect to (any public network that requires you to use a sign in page).

And, if you turn remote connection on in the Wear app watch settings, you only need to have the watch and phone connected to any network mobile or wi-fi (and they don't have to be the same one) and the phone and watch will be linked via Google cloud services, so you could actually turn BT off or be out of BT range.  BT being on all the time uses the least battery power of all the connection settings, so having it on isn't really a negative thing.

0 Likes