Original topic:

Body composition won't load past 67%

(Topic created: 11-08-2023 05:01 PM)
DakotaDad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having many problems with the watch 6 Classic. I can never get past 67% when trying to take my body composition. It always stops there and gives me all sorts of reasons, like don't touch anything but the button or try wetting your fingers ,or raise your arms ,or,or,or........ While I'm at it samsung health used to announce current and average speed ( current speed 3.9 mph, average speed 4.0). It now only announces step count. Please bring back current and average speed. Thanks. I never had a problem on my watch classic 4 getting  my body comp. I hope it is a software problem and not physical.

pmc_watch_4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have tried the following and finally got it to work on the Galaxy watch 4, I use a little alcohol and clean both underneath the watch where the sensor is and the area on my skin where the watch will sit I put the watch on very tight, tighter than I normal-- just for this measurement --and then use some hand lotion which seems to work better than just moistening my fingertips. This usually works, otherwise I'll get nowhere and get to about 70%. I have the watch a good inch 1/2 up from where my wrist bends where there's a bit more fat & also so I can hang my hand and help avoid my fingers touching my skin. Without the lotion it doesn't work at all. After all these contortions I usually get a reading! Good luck!
Chriskc87
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So many steps to make one thing work.
simple_tech_user
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This tip worked for me perfectly on my galaxy watch 6 classic. I was getting stuck at 67%. After cleaning the watch with an an after shave spirit and applying moisturiser to the hands it worked perfectly all the times. I also shifted the watch up from the wrist. 

SamsungHawaii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too am becoming very frustrated with wasting time trying to get this measurement. Have tried all the tricks listed above and it works sometimes but not today.  Come on Samsung what the issue here!

Chriskc87
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same problem and it has happened on every iteration of the watch since the watch 4. It's very disappointing. Most of the time it is because of my watch band but it's disappointing I can't use the watchband I like because the sensor sucks. I hope Samsung takes this more seriously.
Members_QASYeXx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue. It stops at exactly 67%. I'm not moving, my hands are not touching. It worked the first time I did it but every time since has not worked.

SpongeBob66
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem and I found the hair on my arm to be the problem. I found two ways to solve the problem.

1, Turn the watch to the inside of my arm OR

2, Wet the are where the watch touches my arm

Both improve the electrical connection between the watch and the skin and the measurement goes through successfully.

Silvertemplar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This worked for me (moving watch ti underside to avoid hair on top of arm)

Haybound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You're right. Even though I don't have the arm hair, it's still the only way I could get it to work. Thanks!
0 Likes
Members_MztF6GQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok.  Been having the same issue on all my galaxy watches so far.     Think I finally figured it out.     Barely touch the buttons.      Whe. You press hard it times out.    Barely or lightly touching g.   Works everything.   Hope that helps