Original topic:

Weather complication doesn't update on Galaxy Watch 7

(Topic created: yesterday)
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Galaxy Watch 7 for a week and the weather complication never updates unless I manually refresh the weather in the weather app on my watch. I never had this issue on my Galaxy Watch 6 so this must be a new bug with One UI 6. 

If it helps I have location permission set to always on for both the weather app on my watch and my wearable app on my phone. I have automatic refreshing set to every hour. I'm using this watch with a Google Pixel 8 so I wonder if this bug is only with non Galaxy phones as it doesn't seem widely reported. 

2 Replies
sgar75
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here, i have contacted support but they were not that helpful, could be issue with non Samsung phones because i have pixel 6a..

landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I believe the issue only impacts those who don't use Samsung phones as my friend with the same watch and a Galaxy S23 Ultra doesn't have this issue.  It looks like if you have a Galaxy phone it just updates the weather directly from your phone but with a non-Samsung phone you have to set the manual refresh times in the watch app itself however they don't work.

It's strange because I used my Galaxy Watch 4 and 6 with a Pixel and never had this be an issue. 

0 Likes