Original topic:

Body composition won't load past 67%

(Topic created: 11-08-2023 05:01 PM)
DakotaDad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having many problems with the watch 6 Classic. I can never get past 67% when trying to take my body composition. It always stops there and gives me all sorts of reasons, like don't touch anything but the button or try wetting your fingers ,or raise your arms ,or,or,or........ While I'm at it samsung health used to announce current and average speed ( current speed 3.9 mph, average speed 4.0). It now only announces step count. Please bring back current and average speed. Thanks. I never had a problem on my watch classic 4 getting  my body comp. I hope it is a software problem and not physical.

59 Replies
Haybound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

That worked. Thank you!

0 Likes
Silvertemplar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This still happens on the galaxy watch 7. Exactly stops at 67% no matter what. Still not solved. 

userUGncQxUCH5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Good morning. It's Monday which to me means it's time to do my weight and record my body composition. I have been on a weight lose journey since 2019. Having the correct information is very important to me. When I went to do my composition this morning I noticed 2 other composition that I didn't do. I only do this on Monday. How do I delete these 2 entries?
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userUGncQxUCH5 Try this:

1. Open the Samsung Health app
  2. Click on the Weight widget (if you have body composition on that day, it will show that in addition to weight)
  3. In the chart, click on the date where this erroneous body composition is located. 
  4. Click the 3 dots in upper right
  5. Select delete.
  6. You can choose all items, or the individual items. You could have individual items if you entered your weight alone and then later did a composition. 
userUGncQxUCH5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
That worked. Thank you so much
CirclingStars
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yep, me too - "galaxy watch 7. Exactly stops at 67% no matter what. Still not solved." 

I have restarted the watch, turned off auto detect workouts and turn it back on, made sure I have all the updates, tried wearing watch tighter, looser, higher, lower, on the inside wrist, outside wrist, etc. Tried every stupid trick that is suggested on the internet and nothing works. Actually fairly infuriating at times.

This watch did test one test properly for me when I first got it within the last 2 weeks and after that it has never worked. Piece of **bleep**. Samsung never fixes these things. I also have issues with the sleep portion of their app where they never updated to let us adjust sleep times, or add or subtract naps etc. in fact I think they took those options away from us a couple years ago. Apple and Android that's really all we get to choose from? We're **bleep** lol

CirclingStars
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow, and the forum AI edits out words like "cr@p" with **bleep**?! Gimme a break

Sam20FE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a GW6 Classic. I've also owned a GW4 Classic.

Like the OP, I can no longer get my GW6 to accept inputting my weight because it continuously fails. When it worked, it often took a dozen? fifteen? twenty? attempts. Now it migh treach about 67% before it fails. The error messages I get include:

• Place middle and ring fingers on buttons (I have my middle and ring finger on the buttons)
  • Touch your watch only. Don’t let your hands touch. (My hands are not touching. Not even close)
  • Keep touching buttons (I am keeping my hands on the buttons)
  • Try moisturizing your fingers (FIngers are moisturized)
  • Raise your arms so your armpits are open (Arms are raised)
  • Stay still (I am staying still)
  • Keep touching buttons (I've never stopped touching the buttons)

None of the above messages are valid. 

When it has accepted teh data the metrics are all over the place.

Back on the GW4 Classic, there was a period of time where this happened. Then on one of the updates, the problem was solved, almost completely. It would rarely fail.

I just had a tech support session with Samsung. We did a remote Smart Tutor session. He confirmed the erroneous metrics (like going from 19% BF to 4% in one day).  He ahd me reproduce the problemn which was easy to do. 

I'm in a more remote small city in Canada. What he offered me was to send the watch in for repair, meaning I'd be without a watch, for an indefinite time, with no guarantee of a fix. Or he 'offered me' to wait for the next update. Very generous of Samsung to 'offer' me to wait. He had no timeline for the update, but suggested one or two months.

I'm choosing to wait. I have a ticket # and I can call back in one or two months and still get the repair option if it's not fixed by then.

Haybound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was told that I didn't have a repair option because there was nothing wrong with the watch, it was the software. 🤷🏽
"Move it higher on your arm" "Move it lower on your arm" "Don't let your hands touch" "Use moisturizer" "Hold your arms away from your body" "Stay still" "Pop open a beer and stop trying to get this app to work".
0 Likes
Deeznutz666
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's worked twice now stops at 67 every time, noting is touching like its telling me