JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I listen to Spotify playlists on the Watch 6 without having Spotify premium or taking my phone with me?

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 03:30 AM)
KJC72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've recently switched over to Samsung, got an FE phone, FE earbuds and Galaxy 6 watch. Can anyone tell me if you can listen to Spotify playlists on the Watch without having Spotify premium or taking my phone with me on a run. I used to be able to do this on my Apple watch Fe and just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can you also control the volume of the earbuds by tapping? Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of being able to listen to our music on the go and would be happy to look into this further for you. As you are using Spotify on a Wear OS watch give this link a try for the most accurate information on what features are available without your phone: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-on-wear-os/

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I guess that if your watch has internet connection, you might be able to listen to Spotify without premium on your watch speaker or ear buds that connect to your watch.

If your watch can't connect to the internet on its own, you need Spotify premium to listen offline.
0 Likes
ItsLtDan
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I use to be able to do it when I had the 4 and it just stopped working. They might have taken it away as a feature
0 Likes
Ric221
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
What watch 6 do you have? I believe you have to have three LTE versions to be able to use Spotify on your watch. I use regular Spotify on my 6 classic
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of being able to listen to our music on the go and would be happy to look into this further for you. As you are using Spotify on a Wear OS watch give this link a try for the most accurate information on what features are available without your phone: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-on-wear-os/

0 Likes