Original topic:

Can anyone help !!!! No remote connection to watch after phone update

(Topic created: 05-19-2024 02:50 AM)
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update:::
 Took to service center. Nothing wrong with watch or phone. It's the software update from Samsung. Was told to wait for next update and that should fix it. Contacted Samsung support. They told me it's Verizon's problem. Unbelievable.

I have the S24 with Verizon and my galaxy watch 5 will not remote connect after update, reset watch and nothing. Samsung support informed me it was my watch. Upgraded to watch 6. Still no remote connection, even reset watch 6. Contacted Samsung support and they tell me I need to take it in to get repaired. This is ridiculous. It's a new watch a day old. It has to be a problem on their side. Everything worked fine until May 1st after security patch update.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
If the watch would use remote connection like it's supposed to you will be able to text and receive any notifications you have turned on. My original galaxy watch and watch 5 were able to text and receive notifications through remote connect. I have Verizon service which uses number share with my watch. I'm able to send and receive texts, and send and receive calls. My issue with texts is I'm not getting any notifications when I receive a text. Remote connect went down with the last forced update and has pretty much made the watch not capable of doing what it's ment to do
0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Nope still doesn't work
0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Still no remote connection and it's turned on and connected to the same WiFi as phone 20240529_062130_1000006011_1716978188.jpg
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for follow up. Just to clarify, are you using a Bluetooth or LTE watch?

0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
LTE watch
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. So if I read correctly you are using number share through T-Mobile is that correct? Is your Mobile data turned on, on the watch? Are you able to get text and calls through the number share system?

0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I use number share through Verizon. Mobile Data is turned on. I am able to receive calls and texts through number share. Issue is my watch doesn't give a notification for incoming texts even though it's turned on. Calls will give a notification.
My main concern is remote connection hasn't worked since the last forced update to the wearable app. I'm missing notifications that I have turned on when my phone is not with me.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

So when you leave your phone at home, remote connection wouldn't work as it requires your device to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. Give this link a try for more information on remote connection: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061431/

0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have completed all that in the link. Still no remote connection
0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Remote connection worked up until the first week of May. After that no remote connection. I had a watch 5 LTE when remote connection stopped working. Thought it was my watch and went and bought a watch 6 LTE. Still no remote connection 😔 My phone was recently upgraded to a S24 plus in march
0 Likes