Original topic:

DILEMMA

(Topic created: 09-09-2024 05:45 PM)
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just resurrected my GW4C after 2 years. Got it all updated and such, but want to know can I restore backup from my GW5P to it? It has all the faces and stuff I would like to transfer to the 4, including 1 that is no longer on Play Store.

Is this possible? Or am I condemned to have manually do every single one again (except for the 1 that is)?
0 Likes
14 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

news to me. I have two backups in the cloud, my watch 2 and my current watch 4. The watch 2 backup is still there at the moment, but will probably be gone soon, unless I turn it back on.  Since support has ended, I don't think I will. The watch 4, of course, still backs up nightly.  Since the watches back up to the phone, perhaps you should power up the watch 5, let it back up to the phone, and then you can use smart switch to isolate the watch backup to an external device.

0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
SmartSwitch creates device independent backups (each devices backup has own ID#).
What I need is a way to have the backup take care of both watches. I have checked in my backups, both are there but unfortunately 1 whole day apart. Which means I cannot tinker with the one that doesn't get backed up within that 24 hour period.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

what difference does a day make if nothing changed?

0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am just like that. ALWAYS made sure to make backups. MANUALLY this way I had control over the process and be sure important stuff is ALWAYS backed up. Have been this way for QUITE a while (since 1st computer) that is why I prefer having control over my backups. Several tomes in past when I nade mistake of letting "the automation" do the backup, it missed a lot of stuff, I trusted it backup everything...it did not. So, I started manually selecting everything needing backed up, and no more issues.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm with you. Not only do I find it ridiculous that we can't manually back up the watch, but they only allow for one backup and don't let the user select the frequency. But in your case right now no significant changes were made to the watch one day apart.
0 Likes