Original topic:

DILEMMA

(Topic created: 08-27-2024 02:38 PM)
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just resurrected my GW4C after 2 years. Got it all updated and such, but want to know can I restore backup from my GW5P to it? It has all the faces and stuff I would like to transfer to the 4, including 1 that is no longer on Play Store.

Is this possible? Or am I condemned to have manually do every single one again (except for the 1 that is)?
0 Likes
14 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
It will only restore compatible apps and faces.
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, no it doesn't allow me to choose the backup for the GW5P. And nothing shows anywhere else to do so. šŸ˜”
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Welk, i guess that's that then.
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
yep. so am now manually installing items that I want on the GW4C. This kinda sucks.šŸ¤¬
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, you did downgrade the watch, so it wasn't a hard given that anything would restore to the lower version due to different hardware/software  Even manually installing, you may find some faces are not compatible with the 4 because they were designed with the metrics of the 5.

0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, the only issue I faced was a watch face on the GW5P is now ONLY on that watch, couldn't install on GW4C simply because the dev no longer exists on Play Store, and now that makes my 2nd face that is now only on my GW5P. šŸ˜”šŸ„ŗšŸ˜­ Thats why backup are SO important to me because I LIKE those 2 faces and do not want to lose them.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, yo better move the GW 5 backup out of the cloud, as Samsung only kees it there for 12 months of inactivity. However, I dont think that appplies, since the watch backs up to the phone it was arrached to and will remain in the phone backup when it backs up to the cloud. You can use the GW 5 backu on newer watches. If you have a computer or extenal device, you can us Smart Switch to isolate the watch backup from your phone and save that.
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I ain't "leaving", I am going to bounce between my GW4C and GW5P. do not worry, besides, both are close to the phone so backups should be good for both.
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, or so I thought. It appears that the backup when automatically performed, ONLY backs up the last watch that the Wearable app connected to. So, now I REALLY wish Samsung could return a manual backup capability, otherwise it leaves me 1 watch nor getting backed up unless I feel like screwing around all hours of day to access watch wait til the wee hours hope it backs up and then repeat for other watch next 24 hr period. Honestly simply ridiculous to me this automatic BA makes it harder, not easier. šŸ¤¬
0 Likes