JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does transfer watch to a new phone also transfer contact data to the new phone?

(Topic created: 08-12-2024 12:54 PM)
Members_YqVjujU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Reset old phone cause it was having issues. Seems i backed up wrong or something else happened but ive lost all recent contacts.

I checked my watch and it has literally everything i need, including message history. Ive seen a solution with developer mode to export the files but would like to see if the transfer watch option does what i need or just keeps setting for it.

Note: Old phone is reset and going on its way to care+, currently using a replacement new phone thats the same make and model.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_YqVjujU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Answer: Phone overwrites any contact and messages, or just out right deletes them; don't know which.

Source: Doing it myself.

If your worried about your ar watch face disappearing, it wont. The actual avatar for it wont be transferred though.

Games seem to be working.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Members_YqVjujU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thats not the issue. As stated, i backed up wrong and dont have the contacts on my phone. I have them on my watch, along with message history. Neither are connected to another watch/phone so backing up the watch isn't possible.

Will the phone overwrite the contacts and messages on the watch or copy them over from the watch. That's the question.

0 Likes
Members_YqVjujU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ya, I dont think you're listening to a single thing im asking; as evident by the sarcastic "Why is your watch not connected to your phone? That's the whole point of the watch."

Ill wait for someone who actually has an answer to my question.

0 Likes
Solution
Members_YqVjujU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Answer: Phone overwrites any contact and messages, or just out right deletes them; don't know which.

Source: Doing it myself.

If your worried about your ar watch face disappearing, it wont. The actual avatar for it wont be transferred though.

Games seem to be working.

0 Likes