JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Duplicate Texts notifications for the same message on Galaxy watches

(Topic created: 09-01-2023 08:25 AM)
Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch keeps notifying me of a new text message but it's just a duplicate of the text. From the watch it looks like they sent it twice, but from the phone you can see they didn't. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Chelle-E-Chelle Since your watch is LTE and has it's own number, here is one possible scenario causing the issue:

1. A text is sent to your phone's number
  2. Your carrier forwards the text to your watch's number
  3. Your carrier, for some reason, sends a duplicate to your watch

Your carrier should be able to investigate and resolve. 

useranfuSHEalP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having this same issue immediately after my watch updated to One UI 5. I'm on google fi but my watch does not have it's own number. This is very frustrating. How can we figure out if this is Samsung or the cell network? Please help.

I have a galaxy watch 5 pro LTE, with a galaxy s23 ultra and I'm using google messages for web on both phone and watch. This does not appear to be a notification setting issue bc the texts are actually showing twice in thread on the watch. 

miSteR20DET
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issues here. Seems to be happening since I upgraded to the s23 Ultra recently from my S22 ultra. Wasnt doing it on my old phone - but low and behold, double messages on my watch now as described above. It is NOT LTE. So it seems to be an issue with Samsung software.

0 Likes
useranfuSHEalP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungAdam can you help us with understanding if this is a known issue and being worked on? I don't know who or what to report this to since it's a very specific bug. It's very annoying and seems to be only happening when viewing the notification on the watch, but not when opening a thread inside the app on the watch.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with receiving duplicate messages on your watch and would be happy to look into this further for you. As @
userlQcCM1wRc8 stated, I would first make sure that both apps aren't notifying you of the same message. 

Next step I would recommend if your watch is LTE is to reach out to your carrier to make sure for some reason the notification isn't processing as duplicate through their system.

Third step would be to submit an error report. This will allow our team of engineers to get a hands-on look at the symptoms you are experiencing. Give this link a try for steps to properly submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

Finally step, verify your device isn't on the One UI 6 beta to make sure it's not beta software overriding the notifications.

If you continue to experience these symptoms, I would recommend taking your device to a local walk-in Samsung Authorized service center. This will allow them to get a hands-on look at the symptoms you are experiencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
useranfuSHEalP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can we please refrain from marking this as a solution. These are just suggestions and default answers to a real problem. No one here with this issue is getting it fixed by reviewing your post. I understand that teams may need to look into this, but this could also be a configuration issue with multiple messaging apps and not necessarily a bug for the development team. Unfortunately, we are unable to track down what is causing the duplicate message issue, so we rely on this conversation until it is "truly" resolved.

KStewart808
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is not an answer to the issue..
BinxsMom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
None of this works!
picklerick94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue on the watch 6. I am on s23 ultra latest beta.
picklerick94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is a Google messages/Samsung problem not a carrier problem. It happened on my 4 classic LTE, my 5 regular LTE and my new 6 Bluetooth. I read it at least used to affect the pixel watch too.