JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Duplicate Texts notifications for the same message on Galaxy watches

(Topic created: 09-01-2023 08:25 AM)
Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch keeps notifying me of a new text message but it's just a duplicate of the text. From the watch it looks like they sent it twice, but from the phone you can see they didn't. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with receiving duplicate messages on your watch and would be happy to look into this further for you. As @
userlQcCM1wRc8 stated, I would first make sure that both apps aren't notifying you of the same message. 

Next step I would recommend if your watch is LTE is to reach out to your carrier to make sure for some reason the notification isn't processing as duplicate through their system.

Third step would be to submit an error report. This will allow our team of engineers to get a hands-on look at the symptoms you are experiencing. Give this link a try for steps to properly submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

Finally step, verify your device isn't on the One UI 6 beta to make sure it's not beta software overriding the notifications.

If you continue to experience these symptoms, I would recommend taking your device to a local walk-in Samsung Authorized service center. This will allow them to get a hands-on look at the symptoms you are experiencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
36 Replies
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Couple of things come to mind. Do you have multiple text apps set to notify (Google text and Samsung text?) Or the next thought is, do you have reminders setup on your device...remind you of unread text messages every __ minutes?
0 Likes
Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No, not multiple apps, just one. And it's not a reminder. Like I said: it shows up twice in the watch conversation but in the phone once. Like if you go back into the conversation at a later time, you'll see it twice in the watch but the phone once.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is exactly what was happening on mine. But if you've checked your notification settings in your Wearable app and don't have 2 messages apps notifying I'm out of recommendations.
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same issue with the GW6 Classic.
Never had an issue with duplicate messages in the notifications on the GW4 Classic.

I am using Google Messages on the phone and GW6. No duplicate messages there, just in the notifications.

Well, KdrewH - your comment about double notification might have fixed it.

Went into the wearable app watch settings and notifications. Sure enough, Samsung Messenger App is checked to receive notifications. Will see when I get my next text message if the duplicate notifications is fixed. I think it will be!! If Google Messages is my default app, then Samsung needs to not be sending notifications. Samsung Messages on the phone is completely disabled too! The smart watch did not get the memo.

Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Glad to hear that. Hope it worked!
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, I was hopeful, but no dice. Still the duplicate incoming and outgoing messages on the watch notifications! Seems like this has been an ongoing issue from what I gather here and elsewhere. 
Samsung only does basic troubleshooting, clear cache, reset, etc. but this is all on the user side.
What has Samsung to address the issue? 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you reached out to your carrier concerning this yet to confirm it's not an issue occuring on their end, or within your network profile? Problems regarding calls/texts usually fall within their realm of responsibility to rectify.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't disagree however I was experiencing this too for a while and found it was a "reminder" that was set to reality every few minutes within my text app.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
But I use VZ message + appScreenshot_20230901_111832_Message+.jpg