Original topic:

GWatch4 - battery drain - Timer app

(Topic created: 05-12-2022 10:50 PM)
patkele
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,
I own a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. Every time I start the Timer application, I feel a lot of battery loss, even when the Timer application is finished. Battery loss will only stop after the watch is restarted.
This happens after installing the last update R890XXU1FVCB, I did not have such a problem with older updates.

Does anyone have such a problem?

Do you know of any countdown application that would replace the built-in application? I've tried the Google Clock app, but it doesn't suit me at all.

6 Replies
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
The new bluetooth update hit 5 days ago in the US and the LTE version hit this morning hopefully these will fix your issue. I would start there
Joseph68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Dry rebooting your watch hold down the power key and the back key down simultaneously until you see the word Samsung and rebooting below that and then let the watch start automatically from there
patkele
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I reboot regularly the way you wrote and it doesn't help.

I even wiped the watch cache, later did a hard reset and no improvement.

I hope it will be fixed in the following updates.

Thanx for the answer.

Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

there should be another update if i'm not mistaking. FVD4 is the version.

userjZeHHvWQzV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too have been seeing this. Some observations:

1. It seems that recharging the watch addresses the underlying issue since it stops the battery drain. I can report that I only tried this once.

2. Today's issue was the worst ever. I used the timer to count down 90 minutes (the first user of the timer for the day). Very near the end of the countdown, the watch reported that it had 1% battery left. And, this was early in the day so it's wasn't like the watch already low on battery.

This is unacceptable. I use the timer, sometimes multiple times a day, on a regular basis and never saw this until recently.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the battery drain you are experiencing while using the timer app on your watch and can definitely see how this impacts the daily use of your watches features. I would recommend submitting an error report via the wearables app immediately after you experience these symptoms. Using the Galaxy Wearable app you can send a detailed error report to the Samsung Members team, to request an analysis of what happened. Give this link a try for the steps to submit an error report using the Galaxy wearables app, please know this is an international link but the steps are still the same for US devices: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/