JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy 4 Red Mark on Wrist Under Watch Face

(Topic created: 10-06-2022 09:04 PM)
SHAIDAR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently purchased a Galaxy Watch 4 and developed a red mark like sun burn on my wrist directly under the watch face. I keep the watch and my wrist clean, and do not wear the band too tight (or too loose). The first time it happened I dismissed it (1st image) and stopped wearing it while my skin healed. I have started wearing it again and was fine for week or so, but have again developed a red mark rather quickly, only a day or two (2nd image).  The only other similar post did not offer any solutions or answers, only a message pulling the conversation off the forum to a direct message. This concerns me, as I love my watch, but do not love what it is doing to my skin - please help!20220630_132558.jpg20221006_185146.jpg

5 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are those burns? Or some sort of allergic reaction?
0 Likes
SHAIDAR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
They look and feel like a burn, not allergy.
0 Likes
Sk3l3wo1f
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe Don't use samsungs and use apple's watch since it's actually safe, refund it fast. It's simply a rushed watch just like there phones they get very hot for no reason
0 Likes
SHAIDAR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks...but spending more money and buying something else/switching my watch and phone to another brand isn't a helpful solution for me. Also, it seems like a sunburn, not a heat burn. So, if its possibly a burn from the light used in a sensor, I doubt this would help, as im sure that tech is similar in an apple watch.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.