JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy 5 watch golf Smart Caddie with Samsung Workout

(Topic created: 11-02-2022 09:38 PM)
userU03X2d4yQC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently purchased a Galaxy 5 watch golf edition to track my golf workouts. It came with Smart Caddie. I always start my workout of "Golf" when I get to the course and then open Smart Caddie when I am about to tee off. 

I notice that the "workout" tracking steps, heart rate, calories, etc ends the workout and stops tracking in Samsung Workout. I like to know the distance of my shots with the Smart Caddie but how can I make both applications function at the same time on the watch....as I would rather track fitness than ball distance but is there a way to make them work at the same time? 

3 Replies
William_S22U
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't use the Smart Caddie app, but I know you can give permissions to Samsung Health for third-party apps or accessories.

Again, I've never tried it, but it's worth a shot to see if it's there.

Navigate to and open the Samsung Health app, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings.

Tap Data permissions. From here, you can select a connected app to see the different permissions it is using. Tap the switch next to a permission to turn it on or off.

When you're finished, tap Done.

I hope this helps, but I only know the Health app.

Good luck.

0 Likes
userU03X2d4yQC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am on the Galaxy 5 watch so the settings are a little different but I did give external devices access to data and tried this again. Start samsung health exercise of golf. The opened smart caddie and started a round of golf and it says "watch will vibrate at the tee box" as I am obiously not at the tee box yet but switched back over to samsung health and go to workouts and no workout is underway and wants to start another round of golf. This goes back and fourth.

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't fix the problem. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of Samsung Health and wanting to be able to use Smart Caddie at the same time. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at (855) 795-0509 for further assistance.

0 Likes