JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 stuck on "Finishing Pairing" with S20+

(Topic created: 03-14-2020 09:27 AM)
Shadybirch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Trying to pair my new active2 with my new s20+. the wear app just sits at "Finishing Pairing". i have already attempted to reboot both the phone and watch. deleted the watch from the app, then re-add. al;l with same result

23 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello! Thank you for reaching out, have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message may show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helped!

user0ODIZCZUw4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Geek squad tried that with my S20 plus and it didn't work. 

0 Likes
userMCKFuUqQwE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here... can't setup the watch with the S20+ at all!

It's not the watch as I can pair with another phone after hard reset.

0 Likes
user0ODIZCZUw4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here. Geek squad and Sprint tech support can't fix it. Samsung, we need a fix!

userMCKFuUqQwE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user0ODIZCZUw4 wrote:

Same issue here. Geek squad and Sprint tech support can't fix it. Samsung, we need a fix!

Same here... can't setup the watch with the S20+ at all!

It's not the watch as I can pair with another phone after hard reset.

0 Likes
userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm having the same problem with the Active 2 and an S20 Ultra.

0 Likes
userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The moment I finished posting this, after trying to pair my devices for an hour, it started working. 

0 Likes
userhNVzSzHzKj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This did not work for me either... it is now 3 weeks since the post went up.  ANyone have any luck?

0 Likes
userhNVzSzHzKj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did everything they said and nothing worked... HOWEVEver just fixed it today....   my hubby RESET THE WATCH, UNPAIRED THE DEVICES, UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED Galaxy WEAR.

Everything Samsung did with me on the phone except he FACORTY RESET THE WATCH too.

It is paired and working!!