Original topic:

Galaxy Fit3 - airplane mode bug after last update

(Topic created: Wednesday)
M4st3r_IT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello everyone.

I'd like to ask if it's normal that after the latest update of my FIT3 band, even if I put it in aeroplane mode, it appears to be connected to my S23.

BEFORE the update yesterday, if I put the band in aeroplane mode, it would be disconnected (no notifications or updates from the Wear and Health apps), whereas since yesterday, after the disconnection notification that appears on the phone from the Wear app, it instantly reconnects (so it's in aeroplane mode BUT connected to the phone via bluetooth).

Is this a bug, or a feature? Because if of the 2 alternatives, it classifies as a new feature, I think it's stupid....what would aeroplane mode mean in an object that remains connected instead?

Needless to say, I chose this smart-band precisely because of the presence of aeroplane mode, which other brands do NOT offer.

--
Wear app version: 2.2.59.24061361 (updated 23/09/2024)
FIT3 software version: R390XXU0AXHD (update on 23/09/2024)
OS version S23: OneUI 6.1 dated 1 September 2024

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@M4st3r_IT If Bluetooth is enabled while in Airplane Mode, it will remain enabled the next time Airplane Mode is used unless it is turned off while in Airplane Mode.

This is a great modification that they some time ago. It is so annoying to have your phone drop your watch and ear bud connection when you enable Airplane mode. 

0 Likes
M4st3r_IT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Maybe I have not explained myself: on the Fit3 band there is only the option to enable or disable airplane mode, there is NOT a switch for bluetooth.

Right now, in fact, I have airplane mode enabled but the band is connected in bluetooth to the phone (see photo).

I think it depends on the Wear app: if I DISABLE the search for nearby devices, and put the Fit3 in airplane mode, it (rightly) remains disconnected from the phone BUT at this point, even if I disable airplane mode from the Fit3, there is no way to reconnect it to the phone except by allowing the Wear app to search for devices (bluetooth) near the smartphone.

https://postimg.cc/KkWqpk4Y

0 Likes
JohnNett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have exactly the same issue. I turn on flight mode, then about 10 seconds it reconnects by itself. Problem started yesterday. Im about to send the watch back for a full refund. Bought it on saturday 21/09/2024

0 Likes
M4st3r_IT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's exactly what I did too: I'd rather get a Watch FE / 6 / 7 that allow selective bluetooth/wifi/nfc disconnection.

Bad move indeed this....

0 Likes