JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 3 gets very hot during wireless charging

(Topic created: 08-28-2020 10:06 AM)
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, my Watch 3 gets very hot during wirless charging. Is this right? My old Galaxy Watch didn't get that hot on the same wireless charger. The charger is EP-N6100TBEGUS.

8 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I havent noticed that. When I take mine off charger it is not hot. Are you using the OEM charger?
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I use Samsung Wireless Charger Duo  model EP-N6100TBEGUS. Actually it's good idea to try one from the box and see. 

0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well if your watch is getting hot using the DUO use the OEM watch charger to see if it gets hot.
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have tried with wireless charger from the box and it doesn't get hot. So does it mean that Samsung Wireless Charger Duo isn't compatible with Watch 3? Or Watch 3 isn't compatible with Samsung wireless fast charging?

Should I buy EP-P5200TBEGUS instead of EP-P6100TBEGUS then?

0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Actually when it charges it doesn't get hot. It starts to get hot when charge level reaches 100%. After this it gets hot and stays hot. I guess it doesn't stop charging for some reason.

0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just use the OEM charger. I read some where that you shouldn't use the Active chargers either as I had one left over from trading my Galaxy Active.
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch