JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 3 gets very hot during wireless charging

(Topic created: 08-27-2020 03:59 PM)
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, my Watch 3 gets very hot during wirless charging. Is this right? My old Galaxy Watch didn't get that hot on the same wireless charger. The charger is EP-N6100TBEGUS.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just received Samsung Wireless Charger Duo EP-P5200TBEGUS and have tried it. It works as expected. Watch 3 doesn't get hot. So since Samsung doesn't sell older model EP-P6100TBEGUS anymore I think the newer one better to be used.

So recommedation is to use charger from the box or Wireless Charger Duo EP-P5200TBEGUSEP-P5200TBEGUS or I guess any other latest Samsung wireless chargers what Samsung sells now. Older ones may have some issues.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I havent noticed that. When I take mine off charger it is not hot. Are you using the OEM charger?
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I use Samsung Wireless Charger Duo  model EP-N6100TBEGUS. Actually it's good idea to try one from the box and see. 

0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well if your watch is getting hot using the DUO use the OEM watch charger to see if it gets hot.
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have tried with wireless charger from the box and it doesn't get hot. So does it mean that Samsung Wireless Charger Duo isn't compatible with Watch 3? Or Watch 3 isn't compatible with Samsung wireless fast charging?

Should I buy EP-P5200TBEGUS instead of EP-P6100TBEGUS then?

0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Actually when it charges it doesn't get hot. It starts to get hot when charge level reaches 100%. After this it gets hot and stays hot. I guess it doesn't stop charging for some reason.

0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just use the OEM charger. I read some where that you shouldn't use the Active chargers either as I had one left over from trading my Galaxy Active.
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, looks like to use charger from the boxz is the way. But it's kind of sad that Samsung doesn't make sure that devices are compatible with each other.

0 Likes
Solution
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just received Samsung Wireless Charger Duo EP-P5200TBEGUS and have tried it. It works as expected. Watch 3 doesn't get hot. So since Samsung doesn't sell older model EP-P6100TBEGUS anymore I think the newer one better to be used.

So recommedation is to use charger from the box or Wireless Charger Duo EP-P5200TBEGUSEP-P5200TBEGUS or I guess any other latest Samsung wireless chargers what Samsung sells now. Older ones may have some issues.