JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Manager (Plugin) app keeps opening in the background

(Topic created: 02-13-2024 06:51 PM)
spartawis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried resetting both my phone and watch, and re-installing the app from playstore but it results to no avail.

It bothers me as when I use other apps in my phone, the app keeps opening randomly and shows blank white screen. This slows down my phone. It bothers me as when I open cameras, the camera video recording stop because the galaxy watch 4 manager app automatically opens in the background.

Please make an update regarding this problem because I'm so tired of it re-opening. 

Screenshot_2024-02-14-13-38-15-11_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-14-13-43-47-80_8ecb18ff21726a42693957ff5a148085.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for following up. After further research, yes it would stop all of those features from functioning. The next step would be to submit an error report. Please give this link a try for the steps to properly submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wonder if the app needs a certain permission? Check the app info page to see.

0 Likes
spartawis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The app allows all permission, so I think it would not be the cause of the problem. Currently, it is still opening randomly and shows blank screen for a second and go back.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your Galaxy watch 4 manager plug-in popping up randomly on your device and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Just to clarify, did you restore both devices from back up after resetting?

0 Likes
spartawis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I use SmartSwitch app for restoring my files and data after resetting.

Also, for the record, the reason for resetting my watch and re-installing the plug-in and manager is because of the watch4 manager app opening randomly and shows blank white screen. So this problem is happening before and still happening currently.

0 Likes
spartawis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

"Yes, I use SmartSwitch app for restoring my files and data after resetting."

I would like to ask if you can look into it. It is annoying that it keeps opening until now.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. I would recommend resetting your watch and uninstalling the wearables app and the watch plug-in app. Then try to set up your watch without restoring from back up to allow us to rule out any third party software that may be interfering with the function of the watch app.

0 Likes
spartawis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried to re-install the wearable app and watch plug-in once again, reset the watch without back up, and it still happens. Here is a proof that everything was setup without restoring from back up (SmartSwitch) and the manager app keeps opening as of this reply.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-15-12-33-83_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-17-15-14-15-02_7b142989cde9e3e82c42c360a14f17f0.jpg.

0 Likes
spartawis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I would like to show my problem. I researched if there are people who experience the same as me and I found them. They're on the reddit complaining that the problem persists on their side with devices who uses galaxy watch. 

Link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/16no648/galaxy_wearable_and_galaxy_watch_4_plugin_mana...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/16lkfd3/galaxy_watch_5_manager_keeps_opening_randomly/

I would like to call out my problem as it seems that no one could know the answer. Please help us.

0 Likes
spartawis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Samsung_Moderator Please help, the problem is annoying and interfering my daily routine on my smartphone. There is still no solution as of now. Please.

0 Likes