Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 is not showing contacts

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
cellist2013
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello! I have an issue with my Galaxy Watch 4 that I haven't had ever. I started noticing this yesterday. Everytime someone would text me, it will only show me phone numbers instead of contact names. I did check the app itself on the watch and it only tells me "no contacts" with the black background; that's it. There's no plus sign, nothing. I did search this topic on Google and it did talk about resetting the watch, which I did twice, and nothing seems to be working. It also talked about looking at the app setting and seeing if the contacts show "allow", which I also checked and it does say that. I was hoping to find answers on this community and see what else there is to do. Thank you so much!!

22 Replies
Sajmon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It worked for me and the contacts came back, but I don't know after which attempt, really. I manually forced synchronization with the Google account on the phone several times, cleared the contacts application memory, added and removed the Google account on the watch, transferred the watch to another phone + synchronization. After some time, the contacts came back and loaded into the watch. I don't know for sure whether the watch couldn't download the data from Google or from the phone. I don't have a clear indication. Before that, there were restarts of the watch, restores and resets - nothing helped. In any case, the issue was also reported to Samsung support, I hope they will look into it and pass it on. At least that's what the English-speaking consultant with whom I spent some time on the channel promised. In any case, forcing synchronization several times may be the right direction. PS. Google has been mixing a lot of different services lately, so this may also be the cause. But why Samsung doesn't download the data directly from the phone and synchronize on this line in such a case is a different story and a question for Samsung.

0 Likes
christina29
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok so try these 2 things exactly in this order go ur phone app setting an turn off all permissions on galaxy wearable an galaxy watch manager then clear catch on both. Restart ur phone an watch. Then on ur phone turn back on the permissions on both. Then go to the galaxy wearable app settings again clear catch of needed an force stop. Then go to ur galaxy wearable app there should be update on the app. Once the app updates restart ur phone and ur watch at same time. I say do both because I'm not sure if 1 or both did it but I had been looking for app update never got it until I did all that an now my contacts are back
0 Likes
christina29
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also the google contact app I downloaded also now has the contacts
0 Likes