JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 6 Calendar Complication always reads: "no upcoming events"

(Topic created: 10-02-2023 12:25 PM)
drock1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

When I got my Galaxy Watch 6 it gave me a list of events for the day on the calendar complications, I liked that feature. All of a sudden this feature stopped working and now it always reads "No upcoming events" even when there are many upcoming events. I can touch the complication to open up my calendar and when I do all the events are all there on my calendar, so the calendar seems to be working fine, it's just that the events no longer show on the watch face? Any idea how to fix this?

PXL_20231002_192101184.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Linhart
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, it's weird....not sure why this works, but it did.

I went into the Permissions Manager (I got there by going to Security & privacy and then at the bottom it suggested Permission Manager) on my watch, then scroll down to Additional Permissions, tap Recieve complication data, and  turned off Complications for that watch face. Yeah....sounds weird and is the opposite of what i want it to do, but working **bleep** a charge now

View solution in context

10 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are there events for today that aren't showing up, or just events in the future?
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

perfect question

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a similar issue with steps. 2 or 3x a week, after a reboot my steps complication just sits at 0. I've found that long-pressing the face and switching to a default face will reset the complication display, and then when I switch back to my preferred face the complication is updated and active again. It's not an ideal solution, but it works (for me.)
In Salida
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue on my new S23Fe but not in my  S20Fe that I just changed out 4 days ago

navihehar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
  • I have the exact same issue on my Galaxy Watch 5.  Started about a week ago.  Rebooting fixed it for a few hours but it went back to not working again.   
userdi1ggXKzc1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the extract same thing. I've checked sleeping apps on the phone, confirmed all events are correctly entered and nothing. 

It sometimes works and can be a bit random if a restart will help, but more often than not it doesn't. 

0 Likes
AlfieAvalon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

In my case, it seems to show the events for the following day instead of the current. Tapping on it and pulling up the list of events clearly shows events that are not being show on the watch face. It's been like this for months. Even factory resetting the watch doesn't fix this.

0 Likes
Jjk1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Screenshot_20231207_183705_sysui.png

Hello, I am using the Info Board watch face on my galaxy watch 5 and have the "event" complication. For the first few days, it would show the events for that day from my Google Calendar. However one day it simply stopped working and always shows "no upcoming events" even when I do have events that day. If I click on it, it brings me to my Google calendar where the events show normally.

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Thanks, 

John 

Solution
Linhart
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, it's weird....not sure why this works, but it did.

I went into the Permissions Manager (I got there by going to Security & privacy and then at the bottom it suggested Permission Manager) on my watch, then scroll down to Additional Permissions, tap Recieve complication data, and  turned off Complications for that watch face. Yeah....sounds weird and is the opposite of what i want it to do, but working **bleep** a charge now