Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 6 Classic: Previous owner didn't reset

(Topic created: a week ago)
Shadow26j
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

How can I get my galaxy 6 classic working if the previous owner didn't reset it or remove it from their account?

6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't think you can. So, what you would have there is a waste of whatever money you paid for it -- unless you know who the previous owner was in order to get them to remove it.  Another great reason not to buy a used phone from unknown sources.

meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
One of several reasons not to buy used
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Shadow26j You either need them to do the reset or give you their account info so that you can log in and reset the phone.

If that is not possible, then return the phone for a refund. 

Shadow26j
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Luckily I didn't pay yet because it's from rent a center and I was going to buy outright in two weeks for the first payment if I liked it. I'll just give it back to them and get a different one. Thanks šŸ™‚
Eriearea51
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
That was a commendable suggestion! Did it not allow you access to it? It's unfortunate, as you anticipated, that Rent a Center would have re-enabled the device. I am aware that Verizon has been proficient at resetting my trade-in.
Shadow26j
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I tried factory resetting it using the buttons. It still wants me to sign in using the previous pin or Google account associated when last used before i can set it up as my own. Hopefully they can just fix it for me. If not, I'll return it to them
0 Likes