Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy watch 6 classic bought from Samsung website

(Topic created: a week ago)
AiiNaja
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello, does anyone know how to add a Samsung Galaxy watch to an existing AT&t data plan? What I mean is I already have a Samsung Galaxy watch 3 and I want to replace that with the new Samsung Galaxy watch 6. I don't want to add a new mobile line I have the LTE versions for both I just want to take off the watch three and replace that with the watch 6. 
I searched online all day yesterday and I couldn't find anything including this morning and I called an AT&t store near me and representative was just dumb didn't know anything about that so it's like there's no point of bringing it into the store they don't even know they said oh you might have to call AT&t but the call line volume is so high it even tells you when you call that you might be waiting like an hour or two hours or so. So does anyone know how I can do this on my own? Is it a possibility that I can do it on my own or does this have to be done by a customer service rep?
4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@AiiNaja This is a carrier thing so AT&T is definitely where you want to go. It won't be added to an existing number. The phone needs a separate number and data plan from the watch. Then AT&T needs to configure that watch number to work with your phone's number. 

If you are trying to put two watches on the same watch number, it won't happen. Each IMEI needs it's own phone number. 

If you are tying to have both watch numbers link to the phone number, I have never heard of anyone doing it so probably difficult if not impossible to do. 

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you just want to transfer the number from one watch to the other, it should be a simple matter they can take care of in the store. The person who picked up the phone in the store you called, was not the sharpest tool in the shed. You are better off as a walk in. It can be done over the phone with AT&T, but you already stated you did not want to wait in the queue. I thought AT&T had a call back option.

Found this in a search
1718978465130.jpg

0 Likes
userupLRFnFe5L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello I need help adding my watch
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I found this on Reddit for your particular situation on AT&T, you shouldn't have to go to AT&T to perform this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/160cuvq/switching_from_existing_cellularactivated_gala...
0 Likes