Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 6 LTE - Samsung Messages Gives Connect Using Bluetooth then Try Again Error despite being connected, but Google Messages Works

(Topic created: Monday)
ryerye_guyguy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

First off, I am having the issue that others are having wherein I am unable to send/received messages on either the Google Messages or Samsung Messages apps when not connected to my phone despite having a Galaxy Watch 6 LTE (using Google Fi). That is its own separate issue, I believe.

More importantly, I am receiving the "Connect Using Bluetooth then Try Again Error" if I try to use the Samsung Messages app versus the Google Messages app, despite being on LTE, despite my phone being on, despite my watch being connected to the phone via bluetooth and showing as connected in the Wearables app and being able to use the wearables app to change watch faces, change settings, etc. I've reset the phone, reset the watch, nothing works. However, the Google Messages app still works and I am able to send and receive texts on it (IF and ONLY IF my watch remains connected via bluetooth to my phone and my phone is on or in range of my watch; otherwise, there's no texting ability).

Anyone have any idea why the Samsung Messages app does not work but Google does? So far, I am not getting this error for any other apps or utilities within the watch (knock on wood). Sincerely about to return this watch. Its functionality so extremely sub-par.

3 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Contact Google, sounds like its not linked right
0 Likes
balm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My phone won't match my watch to charge it