Original topic:

HOW DO I VIEW MY SONS SAMSUNG WATCH'S GPS ON MY PHONE!?

(Topic created: Friday)
OnnaLynn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME DETAILED HELP IF POSSIBLE!
I just got my son a Samsung watch.
(It doesn't have service for call/text YET but I'm going to do that soon.)
The guy at best buy told me it doesn't need service for me to be able to view its GPS location on MY phone.
AND the watch does NOT need to be near HIS phone(for bluetooth) for the GPS to work.
(The best buy worker has the exact same watch. And his mom views his GPS location all the time. He showed me his watch and whatnot.)

I have his phone and the watch hooked up together. That was semi easy.
And I have my sons phones GPS location via FamilyLink.
BUT! 
I cannot view the watch on my phone.
And idk if I need a certain app to do it.
(Cause the wearables app, everytime I download it it wants me to connect to MY OWN watch or buds. Thats it. And if I don't connect it to something it doesn't work. And OBVIOUSLY his watch can't be connected to his and my phone. I do have a Samsung phone also btw.)
I tried viewing his watch via FamilyLink as well, and I can see he HAS the watch BUT I cannot view its GPS location.

So if someone knows the way to view his watches GPS location on my phone, a way the will 110% work. PLEASE TELL ME!
I would truly appreciate it soooooo much!

(My sons leaving for a week soon, and won't have access to his phone much. But he can easily wear the watch. And I just wanna be able to see where he is so I have some comfort.)
0 Likes
1 Reply
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@OnnaLynn Try this:

1. On your son's phone, open SmartThings
  2. Click Favorites in bottom left
  3. The Find window should be shown on screen
  4. Click on his watch in the map
  5. The Map should expand to full screen. In the Watch dialog box, click the 3 dots where it says "More"
  6. Enable Share this device's location. You will need to click Share once more in the next dialog.