Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 6 stuck in download mode

(Topic created: a week ago)
MW75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is stuck in download mode. I've rebooted twice, but it doesn't help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Unfortunately, when this happens, it is best to perform a factory reset. Go to the wearable app and settings, about, scroll to bottom, and you will see reset.
0 Likes
sootsnoot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I put my Galaxy Watch4 on the charger every night. Two nights ago, as soon as I put it on the charger, it displayed a totally bizarre cyber-crud screen I could not make sense of. And the watch did not respond to pressing either button, either briefly ot holdiong it down. I called my Verizon Tech Coach (Asurion), took a photo of the watch face with my phone, and let the tech coach access my phone to see the photo. He could make no sense of it, either, and had no suggestion for dealing with it other than restarting - but of course I couldn't do that since it did not respond to the buttons. Finally, out of frustration, I tried pressing and holding both buttons at once, and that caused the watch to reboot.

Here is the photo of the watch face. Any ideas? After it rebooted, it seemed to work normally, though perhaps a little slower to respond than usual. And after a couple of hours I put it back on the charger and it rebooted for no apparent reason. After that reboot, everything seems fine.

20240710_232537.jpg

cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had heard of Odin mode before but didn't know what it was. Here's a link to something I found online. Have to admit I haven't read it, but you might want to. Not sure why your watch would do that though. Samsung Download Mode: What is it and How to Boot into it (thecustomdroid.com)

Check this out, too ... geared to the Watch ... what the heck is Odin mode? : r/GalaxyWatch (reddit.com)

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
sootsnoot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, the links were moderately interesting, but didn't explain anything about why it happened, the "correct" way to get out of it, or how to prevent it in the future. I guess the most useful thing in my post was that I managed to get out of it by holding down both buttons.

0 Likes