Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 7: Pool length Setting?

(Topic created: Wednesday)
usercTNjnFfk41
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does anyone know if the Watch 7 has a shorter pool length than previous watches?  Before you could not go shorter than 25 yds.  Or does Samsung continue to ignore this issue for the portion of their customers who have their own pool or belong to a club that has a pool shorter than 25 yds?  And who has a pool that is 95 yds?

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
I believe the Watch Ultra is the more sport focus watch this time being higher rated for water, dust, aptitude, pressure, etc. Would probably be the better watch for deep swimming.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Except , that's not the question that was asked.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
My apologies I was reading it as depth not length. You're follow up post was much better classified. As far as shorter distance I was unaware there was a minimum. Hopefully Samsung reps can chime in before all the pre-order deals end.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
What I really want in any new watch is for the pool length to be measured automatically. Sometimes you simply don't know the length of the pool, swim in different pools or swim widthwise rather than lengthwise.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
And sometimes I swim in circles, which really messes things up because, for some reason, the watch gets dizzy and can't calculate the distance you swam
0 Likes
usercTNjnFfk41
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This problem has been around for the life of the Galaxy watch(es).  The shortest length you can program in is 25 yds.  So if you swim in a private pool (which is normally significantly shorter) or anywhere that is less than 25 yds you will have incorrect lengths recorded.  The only way I have found to work around this is to program in 27 yds and divide everything by three except lap speed which has to be multiplied.  There have been postings about this for a long time and Samsung has done nothing.  I have the Watch 5 golf edition but when that goes if they haven't done something I will at least look elsewhere.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sometimes i use open water swim, since it doesn't count laps, but distance. Especially when I am forced into swimming circles due to pool occupancy.
0 Likes