Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 7 vibrations during sleep

(Topic created: yesterday)
userUXXpEaxGVc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have recurring issues with the Galaxy Watch 7 randomly vibrating during sleep and waking me up. To be sure, it is strictly in BEDTIME mode and Do-not-disturb is also enabled. My phone is not a Samsung phone, but it too is muted and in airplane mode. This happens sporadically every couple of days. How do I fix that?

I have the latest firmware installed on the watch and have restarted it a few times but to no avail.

6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Out of curiosity, do you have the heart rate alert on?  Health app/heart rate tile/advanced measurement.  If you do, you may have the heart rate settings incorrect, and it may be alerting you if your heart rate is too high or too low. If that's the case, the whole point is to wake you up.  Check your settings. On the watch 7, it may be on by default

0 Likes
userUXXpEaxGVc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, I checked, but no. Both alerts are off. Also my HR range during sleep did not reach either point. If I recall correctly, when the vibration happens, it happens once and the screen comes on to show something irrelevant like some app notification from either the watch or phone. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Might be one of those kinks in the watch 7 they still have to work out. Put in an error report.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You know if you put your watch in airplane mode you can still track your sleep and put it in sleep mode. Sleep mode, BTW, just basically puts on DND and locks the watch screen to accidental touches during sleep.

0 Likes
userUXXpEaxGVc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, that's what it should do. I hope this is fixed very soon or I will be returning this device and getting a Pixel/Fitbit. It was purchased to help me track and improve my sleep,  not to wake me up due to random bugs.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, it's unfortunate that you do not also have a Samsung phone, or you could coordinate the DND mode between the watch and phone and set the DND parameters to make sure absolutely nothing gets through. As it is now, there is no way to adjust the DND parameters from the watch or wear app, although I assume it is set to no notifications and no calls.

I would also suggest that when your phone wakes you up, you wake up long enough to see which app is sending the notification and then you can take measures  to adjust that.  In the wear app, you can choose which apps are allowed to send your watch notifications, even if the app is on your watch.  

0 Likes