JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch SM-R810NZKAXAR not able to receive text messages... using new iphone 11

(Topic created: 01-09-2020 12:56 PM)
userkjflmowjds
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello

I have a galaxy watch model SM-R810NZKAXAR.  I am using it with a new iPhone 11

Up until I got this new phone I had an iphone 7 and text messages showed up as well as email headers... Now I get a few notifications from the callendar and bestbuy app on it but I no longer get text messages on it or email previews.

Also when I get a phone call on it. It just shows the green to answer red to hangup, vibrates but it wont let me answer or decline. sometimes I have to shut it off and back on again. This has always been an issue.. Biggest grip is the text messaging and email not showing up. I have tried everything.

Made sure it was updated. checked all my settings in the app and the phone. I even went so far just now as to reset the watch, I deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it all from scratch... Did Apple do something with the newer iOS that has disabled more features? Thanks for the assistance if anybody can help figure this out..

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
userkjflmowjds
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I solved the messaging problem! Go into your iphone under NOTIFICATIONS/MESSAGES/ Show Previews and check the box for ALWAYS. I had my phone set to NEVER for security reasons so if I was away from my phone someone couldnt read my messages if one happen to pop up. When unlocked also works but it defeats the purpose because your phone would have to be unlocked when a message came through to show up on the watch. Even when it was set to never the phone would at least show WHO sent a message it just didnt display the body of the text message, and the watch did that as well until I got this new phone. So, maybe apple or Samsun changed something.. At least I got it working again..