Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Ultra Battery Drain

(Topic created: Monday)
derausgewanderte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I like the watch and how snappy it is. I understand that it takes a couple of days to learn my behavior. However, this is not looking good so far Samsung šŸ˜ž
I am barely getting 24 hours from the watch with simple regular usage. The GW6 I just turned in with a smaller battery got me 50 hours with the same usage pattern. If this isn't improving, then I'll have to look for a replacement. But it seems others on reddit and youtube experience similar battery drain problems. 
Under battery it's mostly Samsung Health using the battery and then the UI. 
A test under the member app shows that everything with the watch, including battery is fine. 

0 Likes
15 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been using watch ultra for a few days now. I fully charged once after the initial setup, and it ran a full day with the battery down to about 40%. I charged it again to about 80% and slept with it. It went down to about 60%. So for me it's similar to my 5 pro. The most usages are always display and samsung health.
0 Likes
Ricardo66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you are running automatic detention apps such as Google assistant, exercise detection, always on display, longer display timeouts, snore and sleep detection, your batter life will be low. Just an opinion from my experience. I have a 5 pro, same battery and I acquire 3 to 4 days of life. I use my oura ring for sleep. Manually start any exercise activity. Turn off cyclic heart rate detection.

Improved battery life tremendously
0 Likes
derausgewanderte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yep, I used to have a 5 pro and got at minimum 3 days. If you read my post you see that with identical settings, I got 50 hours on the GW6, but barely 24 with the Ultra.
I didn't buy this watch just to turn all the features off. I was promised 48 hours by their marketing.
Ricardo66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you notice these manufacturers make claims and promises but there is no guarantee to deliver said claim
mooresuperman44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having the same issue and I'm very unhappy with the battery life
0 Likes
Ricardo66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Honestly I have tried apple watches. They last one day , non ultra. Ultra watch lasts 2 to 3 days.

I don't know why you are getting such poor battery life. Mine will arrive in a couple of days and I will post my experience.

I understand you purchased the watch for it's features. Those features take battery life and it's a trade. Some of those features, really I prefer to use my phone with a larger screen. To me, it's a companion device.

If you want a true robust watch for activity, exercise , etc. Explore a real sport watch like Garmin, Fenix etc With great ease I can achieve 10 to 14 days on these watches. Google, Samsung and Apple make a smart watch with some health and sport functionality

Yes, I am a pathetic person enthused with the mobile watch industry
0 Likes
derausgewanderte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I own a Garmin Venu 3, you are not alone and I would never call that pathetic. Cheers
0 Likes
MMass
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same battery problems. AOD is off. Getting worst battery than Watch 5 Pro.
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Capture.JPG

0 Likes