JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch4 - Outdated time on Always On Display since last update

(Topic created: 02-25-2022 11:31 PM)
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

HI, since the recent update my third party watchfaces don't update the time on AOD, which is particularly nasty as I've already been late multiple times because of this.

I see comments on reddit for example here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/sovjxd/update_scewed_up_watchmaker_faces/

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/soivxf/some_older_watchfaces_may_not_work_correctly/

This is a pretty serious issue, is there any idea about whether Samsung is working on a fix, or when such a fix would be available?

17 Replies
Thuglas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Time continues to update on mine, but the AOD no longer stays on after a notification is received. This is new since the 9FEB update. Kind of a pain.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same is happening to me. I emailed one of the developers of third party watch faces (Matteo Dini) and he said Samsung is aware and that they are supposedly working on a fix. I won't hold my breath. You can see some of the developer discussion here if interested. There are other issues mentioned but they do specifically mention the AOD not updating.

https://forum.developer.samsung.com/t/bug-long-text-complication-next-event-aod-with-latest-update-o...
userdUv2cmBcnI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the exactly same problem! Super bad. I hope there is a fix asap!

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have this same issue. The primary job for a watch is to tell time. The AOD cannot be trusted, so I had to disable it and wake up the watch to see what time it is.

I have confirmed that it doesn't work with Facer, Watchmaker, and Ultra watch faces. It only works with the sample Samsung watch faces.

userDGX31EGX9X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Theres already a fix for this. You have to enable background activity for the third party apps.

1) Go to watch settings on the samsung wearable app.

2) Select apps

3) Find the third party app (facer, watchmaker)

4) Toggle the enable background activity.

Have tested on facer and watchmaker watchfaces. The time updates fine now in aod.

0 Likes
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That may or may not help for facer or watchmaker. It does not fix any third party watchface that does not rely on these two apps, nor does it fix the underlying problem.

Also, there is no entry under "Apps" for native watchfaces.

userDGX31EGX9X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Uh, I just said it works for facer and watchmaker. So there is no "may or may not". It is a fix for most people even if it isnt a fix for you.

Third party native watchfaces will probably have to wait for the devs to update the permissions on their watchfaces.

0 Likes
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The forum software is terrible. It was impossible to see that you replied to a guy asking specifically about facer, watchmaker etc. - In that context you are absolutely right of course.

Forum made it look like your reply was a general one. Sorry.

Also while I was typing a feedback survey form popped up and somehow inserted buttons into the text box. Wow.

0 Likes
usercAkPBIG1po
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

But it DOESN'T work on watchfacer! Maybe the second updates better, but still, the watch doesn't switch from ambient mode to active when lifting my wrist as it did before (yes, I have checked the setting for that.)

0 Likes