JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 overheating

(Topic created: 08-24-2020 04:06 PM)
user58K3Zlw8Gy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I  Just received my Galaxy watch 3 LTE, I have itconnected to Verizon and today I was mowing the lawn listening to the music,  And received a phone call and while talking on the phone through the watch it gave me the overheating notification and shut down. Is the watch really that fragile that it overheats that easily?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
17 Replies
BrianD1337
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having this exact issue with my Galaxy Watch3 45mm on T-Mobile. I go for a walk with LTE turned on and my Buds+ connected listening to Spotify (not even using the data, it's tracks I've already downloaded) and I only get about 20 minutes of walking before the overheat warning and disconnect. The watch doesn't even feel hot - it's slightly warm at most - and factory reset makes no difference.

Has anyone had any luck with replacements or is this some kind of inherent design flaw in this model? I couldn't imagine that Samsung didn't test it during workouts with LTE and Bluetooth turned on.

userSgGqO2bqGA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the watch 2 and having same issue. Samsung repaired it and sent to back, but still same issue. Now they sent me a replacement and I finally got it on lte and it overheated while in the car with ac blowing on it and never felt hot or warm. I know it is not the watch 3 but issue still hasn't been fixed

Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I  understand how upsetting it is for the watch to continue to display the overheating message. Have you tried performing a reset on the watch? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/ 

Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smart watch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ 

Also check to see if the software is up to date. If the watch is still displaying the message, then it would be recommended to have the watch evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Mercenar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Spoiler

Hi,

Today it happened to me second time. While being at the supermarket and filling my trunk with stuff, I felt pain under the watch. It was burning me like a laser beam.  I took the watch down and it was hot. Strange is that it was getting hot only when put on the hand. While off the hand it was getting a little cooler. It stopped working and started to smell like burning wire... Called Samsung support and they told me to go to service. I want it changed, not repaired...

Angel

0 Likes
METAPOOH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here with same Watch 3 LTE. After resetting the watch 2 separate times, Listening to Tidal music through Bluetooth headphones and using the health walking app. 30 min into my walk I get a call, then the overheat warning :warning:, then disconnection. I traded my Active 2 in because I wanted LTE to move freely without my Note 10. I'm returning this one for the same, and hopefully it's just that we got some defective units.

0 Likes
usero8GHUP1Opz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It happened to me today basically I could not use it as it kept shutting down and it drained battery in like unde 40 mins from 95% to 5%.

What is going on?

0 Likes
userCZu4plj2Cd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issue. Can't use the watch. It force reset after 15 to 20 seconds. I was able to do a factory reset, but it is still the same. 

userFSJ50k9w7j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Was looking to see if this still was an issue. My 2 cents: I've had this issue for the Galaxy Watch 2, Galaxy Watch active 2, & the Samsung Gear S3 frontier. My takeaway is this is an actual feature of the watches. My Apple watches have NEVER had this problem. I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy lte with Samsung heck, now that Samsungs removed their charging bricks I'd have some other recommendations phone wise aswell. It's fustrating consumer wise for sure.