JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic LTE is not detecting on Verizon when trying to add a new line

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 06:59 AM)
Members_HA2CzAo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi Samsung,

I've bought Samsung Galaxy watch 4 classic LTE version from BestBuy. Today I got the watch.  My mobile is on Verizon network. When I tried to add a new line on Verizon site, It asked for IMEI. After I provided IMEI, It says  "This device is not compatible with the Verizon network."

What does this mean? Is this a common issue?  Does anyone encountered similar issue? 

4 Replies
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Either you selected the wrong model when you purchased it Best Buy sold you the wrong model accidentally were those the mismatch in Verizon system with the IMEI and you'll have to call Verizon directly probably start with that last one or go to a Verizon corporate store first but do it soon you probably only have a 14-day return policy
HeadachePuppy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
All galaxy watch 4 devices are unlocked. Verizon is having issues with their imei database
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. As previously stated by @HeadachePuppy all of the Galaxy watch 4 classics are unlocked. As you stated the IMEI isn't registering in Verizon's system, you would need to reach out to them directly for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Jantje
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same problem. Samsung says my IMEI is in their database. Verizon says they don't see my IMEI. Both companies tell me to call each other or to call Best Buy. This is just unacceptable for a $400 watch. I can't register using the Wear app or through the Verizon website.