JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 no longer automatically tracking workouts when pair with S23

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 08:44 AM)
userXBts7XWFvr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy 4 no longer works recording my workouts I have an s23 Samsung phone paired with my Galaxy 4 watch. It no longer comes on automatically when I'm working out even though I have it set that way and it shows me no workouts any longer why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand this started after the last update. It is recommended to perform a factory data reset. Please back up your data before performing a reset to restore data after its reset.
Please follow these steps to perform the reset. 
1.Go to Settings.
2.Swipe to and tap General.
3.Swipe to and tap Reset.
4.Tap the checkmark and follow any on-screen instructions to start the reset.

If this does not work it is recommended to allow a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and IMEI number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message onFacebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

View solution in context

4 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I noticed this morning that my Watch4 didn't track my walking workout even though I started it in SH before heading out the door. But it did count my steps. I figured it was something I did wrong or hit a button by mistake (although I've been using this feature for several years, and all was fine yesterday). Now I'll have to pay attention and make sure it isn't something going wrong. Thanks for the heads up!

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch no longer tracking your workouts when paired with your S23 and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Just to clarify does your watch work for automatic workouts when paired with another phone?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Does this happen with all workouts or a specific automatic workout?

Have you had any software updates to the watch or the app recently?

0 Likes
userXBts7XWFvr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This problem started after last update, which is the most recent update. I walk for my workouts and it never had any problems tracking my walks, including the VO2 max. VO2 max stopped completely. The S-23 is the only phone.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand this started after the last update. It is recommended to perform a factory data reset. Please back up your data before performing a reset to restore data after its reset.
Please follow these steps to perform the reset. 
1.Go to Settings.
2.Swipe to and tap General.
3.Swipe to and tap Reset.
4.Tap the checkmark and follow any on-screen instructions to start the reset.

If this does not work it is recommended to allow a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and IMEI number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message onFacebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator