JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5 pro poor battery life

(Topic created: 08-28-2022 05:39 AM)
Spankie6969
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I went to bed last night with 100% power on my watch and 7 hours later I woke up with 37% power I thought this watch was supposed to go 80 hours I'm pretty sure it's not going to I'm looking at the same thing as my Galaxy watch 4 low battery  this will be the last watch I buy until they go with solar. And yes I have all the features activated and why wouldn't I activate all the features that's why we have this watch with the features is to activate them it should have better power usage than what I used last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
39 Replies
TechyGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Perhaps bad battery?
0 Likes
TechyGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
My health platform isn't even setup. Literally have minimal apps going in this and it lasts 12-14 hours if I am lucky.
Dlpsr
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here. I'm getting or was 31 hours with health platform, reset it reloaded backup, checked everything. Same thing. I'm gonna give it a week to learn then gettem to swap it out if it's no better. You'd think after all the 4 fixes and updates and bragging about battery in 5, they'd have it figured out. 5 says it's still learning.
0 Likes
TechyGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
One would think. I just switched my wife from a Apple to Android and she had an iWatch with great life to this. Needless to say very unhappy.
TechyGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I called Samsung support and the recommendation was to send it in and they will try to repair a week old watch or return it and order a another watch with all the accessories that I ordered. I ended up opting to repurchase it which is b******* because I now have almost $600 on a credit card with one watch that sucks in another one to be received in 3 weeks. Not very good customer support as they should have just replaced the watch.
Dlpsr
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree. Customer service today from any business is not what it used to be.
0 Likes
Tseruyah
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung,  why is my Galaxy watch 4 battery getting 2 days plus and my new Galaxy watch 5 is only getting 1 day 4 hours?
Feeling like I got gipped.
0 Likes
poky3210
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same trouble with mine crappie battery life hopefully it will get better in a week or so
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe your new watch is trying to learn you usage pattern, give it a week.

0 Likes
AceofTrace
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
But my galaxy 5 watch died in less than 8 hours during my sleep cycle last night and it has been at 87% battery before I went to sleep. I looked at my battery useage and it said that the mobile network was using 66% of my battery!! That is where the issue is. So there is an option to turn off the mobile network on the watch but I'm don't know what that will do to the watch. Can I turn off the mobile network and just use my watch via Bluetooth?
0 Likes