Original topic:

Galaxy watch 7 GPS issue, not accurate

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
mlamberts
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 7 since this week. I previously had the watch 5.I notice on the new watch 7 that the GPS data is incorrect. I use my new watch 4 times a week for running, often the same lap. The watch 7 shows a pace that is too fast for some laps and the kilometers are also too short. My lap of, for example, 10 km is already 700 meters before I have actually run 10 km, according to the watch, already at 10 km. I also see on the map that there is not a neat straight line across the path. Settings are exactly the same as on the watch 5.

Are there more people who have this with the new watch 7?

I'm wondering if my watch has a hardware problem, or if the software for the new dual GPS module is not quite ready yet.

Comparison of round with watch 5 and watch 7:

GPS issue.JPG

4 Replies
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Is this an auto-detected workout?

If yes, try these things: To turn on the precise location for each of your exercises, go to the "Exercise" tab on Samsung Health on your watch. Click "Settings" and scroll down and tap on "Auto detect workouts." Tap on any exercise and turn on "Precise"

0 Likes
mlamberts
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi!

No unfortunately, I'm starting this workout manually.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@mlamberts Looking at your images, it looks like the Watch 7's GPS probably wasn't connected to the satellites when you first started. Haven't seen the Watch 7 yet, but typically when you manually start a workout the location icon will blink until the GPS location is locked down. 

As for the jaggedness, that is often seen when the GPS signal strength is weaker and the device makes fewer good readings. 

mlamberts
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm always starting the workout from the "more" option so I can see the green icon is not blinking anymore, so that is also not the case.

0 Likes