Original topic:

Galaxy watch ultra can't disable touch to wake with AOD on

(Topic created: a month ago)
Roxtooth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone else find it EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING that Samsung removes options when they update software!?

When I enable AOD on my watch ultra, I am no longer able to then disable touch to wake! They gray out the option! Am I missing something or did they actually remove the ability to disable touch to wake when AOD is enabled?

5 Replies
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hopefully I can pickup my watch ultra tomorrow and not be delayed again. That would suck if the touch to wake up is disabled when using AOD. Are you checking it in the watch settings or in the wearable app?
0 Likes
Roxtooth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Both. The touch to wake option simply enables itself and then grays itself out as soon as you turn on AOD.
0 Likes
Ziahh
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
You have to turn off AOD to get to the touch to wake and turn that off and im pretty sure you can turn AOD back on its really not that big of a deal
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
What am I missing? If you have AOD on, doesn't that mean the display is always on, therefore you don't need to touch it to wake it up?
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

It wakes if from the AOD display to the full on display. 

Edit: So if you turn off Raise to Wake and have AOD on, you will remain on the lower power drain AOD display unless yoou touch it.  I can see this being useful for battery saving while having an AOD. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes