Original topic:

Galaxy watch ultra not fully functional.

(Topic created: Monday)
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been trying to get my new Galaxy watch ultra activated on Tmobile since this past Friday! I've heard everything from the watch is defective, to It doesn't operate as a standalone watch, need to update my plan, to Tmobile does not support the watch. I've spoken to a few Tmobile trch support reps and tickets have been submitted to figure out why it won't function as a stand alone.

Today, I decided to call Samsung just to confirm what I already know, which is the watch is LTE and should function independently as it's own line. The Samsung Customer service rep confirmed it is standalone, HOWEVER it won't be fully functional until the 24th. On 7/24 is when Samsung will send an update to all carriers ( Tmobile, ATT, Verizon, etc.) which will allow for the watch to function as a stand alone watch.
I'm not sure why Samsung did not put a disclaimer on the watch letting consumers know or why Tmobile isn't aware that this is the case. I'm just putting it here to save others, stress and time

29 Replies
TonyTypeS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I thought the Watch Ultra was posted as pre-order and not suppose to ship till the 24th? I signed on as soon as I could and that was the date shown to me. Maybe you just got lucky and was able to get it earlier than most people šŸ™‚
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I went through an issue similar to yours last year with the watch 6 classic. Tmobile promotes other watch carriers and have told me on several occasions only Apple watches function as stand alone. They really need to educate their representatives, especially tech support.
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yep, that's what I'm learning..... I wish I would've known that was the issue on Friday. You would think the carrier would know that.
TonyTypeS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah it's frustrating when you get something new and waste time trying to figure out an issue. We had something similar trying to get up my first Watch 5 Pro LTE to tmobile. Took a few customer service members to figure out the issue and finally got one person who knew what they were doing and explained the issue. But lucky you were able to get your Ultra early. I won't be getting mines till mid August
Atari93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy Watches cannot operate as standalone on T-Mobile EDIT: It can replicate your number or basically forward things from YOUR number, but as a standalone IE someone calling the watch number then no, it won't work like that, not since 2018.
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any Galaxy Watch with LTE connectivity CAN have it's own line with it's own phone number. It has an e-SIM built in for the feature.

Atari93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
T-Mobile can't do a Standalone number for Galaxy Watches though.
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had it in the past with them. Unless something changed.
0 Likes
Atari93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ever since 2018 IE when Galaxy Watches released, they cannot be setup as standalone (it can have its own number but that number is only to tie it to the Main phone number) that watch number cannot ring unfortunately.
0 Likes