Original topic:

Galaxy watch ultra not fully functional.

(Topic created: Monday)
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been trying to get my new Galaxy watch ultra activated on Tmobile since this past Friday! I've heard everything from the watch is defective, to It doesn't operate as a standalone watch, need to update my plan, to Tmobile does not support the watch. I've spoken to a few Tmobile trch support reps and tickets have been submitted to figure out why it won't function as a stand alone.

Today, I decided to call Samsung just to confirm what I already know, which is the watch is LTE and should function independently as it's own line. The Samsung Customer service rep confirmed it is standalone, HOWEVER it won't be fully functional until the 24th. On 7/24 is when Samsung will send an update to all carriers ( Tmobile, ATT, Verizon, etc.) which will allow for the watch to function as a stand alone watch.
I'm not sure why Samsung did not put a disclaimer on the watch letting consumers know or why Tmobile isn't aware that this is the case. I'm just putting it here to save others, stress and time

Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's not true. I currently have a galaxy watch six classic that is standalone. It has its own number, is not paired with digits. It functions as it's own individual line.
Members_dE2Q5b6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's galaxy watch 6. Not a watch ultra. The ultra just came out and t-mobile's system doesn't recognize it yet. I'm going through the same thing as the OP and got the same response from samsung. 

Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I know. I bought one and I'm trying to switch FROM the watch 6 classic TO the watch Ultra. Hopefully, they get it figured out asap! This is a nightmare. What carrier are you using? (Tmobile,ATT, Verizon)?
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Right, I've had one since 2018. Tmobile representatives tell customers that lie and force them to pair their line with digits. Or they try to make you believe you have a wifi only watch.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch 6 has its own number but its pretty much a dead number and doesn't work, it just goes by my phones number, I am on MetroPCS
0 Likes
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thats why i dont understand why its on preorder cause you cant even use it or activate it until the 24th so it would of made sense for people to just buy it when it comes out the 24 and i get the preorder you get hella good discounts but i feel like its not worth the headache to be calling and stressing about it when you can just wait until they actually come out
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Exactly. Samsung should put that on their product detail page. I pre-ordered my phone, received it before the 24th and activated it with no issues. So I assumed the same would apply for the watch....
0 Likes
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Nahh a lot of ppl are having issues with the phones, watch, the headphones its a hecking mess
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Games are the same way, you can pre-order it and sometimes you can download it but can't play it until its actually released
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh so this is a normal occurring thing?? I dont preorder anything i wait months later maybe a year later to get whatever it is
0 Likes