JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google messages crashing on galaxy watch 4

(Topic created: 04-04-2023 05:58 PM)
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

Every time I open google messages on my GW4 it crashes. Receiving messages on the watch works fine but every time I open the app directly via the app menu it crashes. 

Anyone else having this problem?
Anyone have a fix?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with Google messages crashing on your Galaxy watch 4 and would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend clearing the cache for your Google Messages and Galaxy wearables app from your phone. Go to settings > apps > tap on the Google Messages app > then force stop and then tap on storage and clear the cache. Follow these steps for the wearables app as well.

If you have tried these steps, the next step would be to uninstall and re-install both apps and make sure the apps are up-to-date.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend contacting our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 as they are able to remote into your device and troubleshoot the symptoms you are experiencing.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with Google messages crashing on your Galaxy watch 4 and would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend clearing the cache for your Google Messages and Galaxy wearables app from your phone. Go to settings > apps > tap on the Google Messages app > then force stop and then tap on storage and clear the cache. Follow these steps for the wearables app as well.

If you have tried these steps, the next step would be to uninstall and re-install both apps and make sure the apps are up-to-date.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend contacting our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 as they are able to remote into your device and troubleshoot the symptoms you are experiencing.

0 Likes