JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hard fall detection triggered!

(Topic created: 11-27-2023 05:15 PM)
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was attending a school concert with orchestra and choir and my watch went into hard fall mode 3 times! No idea why. Galaxy Watch5 Pro

Radtech1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Lately I have been having an issue with Watch 4 sending false fall detection alerts and an "I've moved" alert to my emergency contacts. How can I fix this issue? It's getting extremely annoying!

userkmaZ7pR9pn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had a similar thing happen.... my watch kept calling 911 over and over again
0 Likes
JSSuser
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just turn off Hard fall detection. If you're not using it.Screenshot_20231013_202440_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
Radtech1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did turn it off, but, I shouldn't have to. I'm a senior citizen with some mobility issues, so having it turned on is a safety precaution. Samsung really needs to address the issue and fix it! Also, is the Fall detection the same thing that is notifying my emergency contacts that "I've moved"? So, what is the point of having that feature if it doesn't work properly?

DV948
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Watch 4 just went off as I was watching a musical performance in a theater.  I was clapping at the time, but I could not seem to get it to stop.  What do you do??  There was an X on the screen, but tapping it did not make it stop.  Consequently, I had calls from the emergency squad before I could get out of the theater!

0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

You have to hold and slide the X up to shut it off. Tapping it doesn't work. It's the same thing with the timer and it annoys the  out of me!

Lee007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree that sliding is not what you want to do with an X mark. Thanks for answering my question.

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Everyone. Please update to the latest software, and let me know if the symptoms are still persisting. 

nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Latest software was 10/1.
CompassRose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My Watch 4 detected a fall three times while I was sitting or standing still. Once, it called 911 while I was asleep in bed. No fun waking up to that...
Last night, my husband's Watch 4 called 911 while we were sleeping! The operators are very aware that this is happening - that watches are calling erroneously.
Both watches have the latest updates - in fact, the issue did not occur until the latest update was installed!
We were excited by the Fall Detection feature as we are older, but we can not be wasting 911 resources this way.
I replaced 911 with my husband's number, as the number to call, and he turned the feature off completely, but these should not be solutions.
This is a very serious issue that needs correcting.