JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Heart rate wildly inaccurate after recent software update.

(Topic created: 02-13-2022 11:08 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 
US/Bluetooth 
Software ending in EAVA8

Is anyone else noticing an inaccurate resting HR reading after the recent update? It seems to be doubling my resting HR. I am a runner and my resting HR is typically between 45 and 60 BPM. Ever since the update, it's been going up to 100 to 120 BPM when I'm sitting still and I know for a fact that it isn't that high. I confirmed by taking my pulse manually. Oddly, my runs have been fine. And HR tracking has seemed normal.

I have noticed that if I take the watch completely off for 30 seconds or so and then put it bskc in, it will read regularly for several minutes but then it spikes back up. It also corrects itself if I toggle from continuous to manual reading and then back to continuous. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue after the update. 
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
Scratch the bit about it being good on my runs. It was all over the place on my run this afternoon. Reporting way higher than reality.
usergKbo5tZQm9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same problem after upgrading yesterday

useryyveiTRHwi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how concerning it can be when your heart rate shows improperly on your device. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at (855) 795-0509 for the best assistance with the symptoms you are experiencing.

userCVApGc5T8v
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
GW4 BT (M4GY) with EVA8 firmware

Not sure if this is a hardware or new software issue since i recently got the watch but when tracking an activity, like my walk yesterday, i see random spikes in speed, HR (50bpm) and elevation (14m) all happening around the same time. Anyone else seeing something like this? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, just happened to me on my 10.5 mile run. HR was all over the place and was definitely reporting too high. I'm getting really sick of all the with this watch. They just can't seem to get it right. I wish I had just kept my GW3 Classic.

AngAnderson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I walk on the treadmill it apparently stops tracking my steps entirely and I've tried restarting the watch and restarting the workout and it's always at least a mile or more off. I wish I hadn't switched to Samsung from Apple. I didn't have this problem with my Apple watch.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
I checked for updates in the Playstore on my watch last night and had a Samsung Health update. So far today, my resting heart rate has been much more accurate. We'll see how it goes on my run today.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, so much for that. It was working perfectly for like 2 hours this morning but now it's still way too high while I'm resting.
0 Likes