Original topic:

How to set the Galaxy watch 6 to track Heart Rate continuously?

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 03:44 PM)
userWLIp7XycpF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch 6. I bought it primarily to track my heart rate on an indoor bike. Is there any way I can set the watch to have the heart rate stay on continuously? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ziahh
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
When you go to your health app and go to heart rate and press the 3 dots in the upper right corner and click advance measurements 1723060663249.jpg
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you set your workout routine to begin while wearing your watch, you can obtain a thorough analysis upon completion. If you choose a watch face with a complication that displays your heart rate, it will also be visible on your watch while you are exercising.
1723065945914_1723065945910_0.png1723065981390_1723065981387_0.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Both answers are correct.  During a workout, your heart rate is continuously measured, but you have to turn the workout on or have the app set to detect workouts automatically.  If you set the watch to continuously measure your HR, it will measure at all times, even when you are not exercising, so you will also get a clear idea of your resting HR. 

To start the exercise and get your stats, go to the Health app and look for the workout icons (below the step counter) and if you don't see stationary bike as one of the 3 favs, click the circle on the extreme right where it says more, and select it from the list.  You can only have 3 favs for quick access, so if you want to add the stationary bike as a fav, you will have to unfav one of the others. 

You can also add the exercise tile to your watch screen by going to the wear app, tiles and choosing the exercises tile (and whatever other tile(s) you want,  organize the order of your screens, click save and now you have quick access to any of your stats and workouts.

Apologies if you already know any of this, as one never knows the knowledge level of the questioner.

0 Likes