Original topic:

Is the Galaxy Watch 7 water resistant?

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
cleverEyes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Title says it all.
I'm a regular swimmer, swimming about 2-3 hours a day and I really like watch the Galaxy Watch 7 (not the ultra) offers (especially the green one... looks fantastic)!
I've been reading on the Galaxy watches water resistance and I'm really not fully getting it. The IP68 says it can be underwater at 1.5 meters for 30 minutes (which really doesnt seem like enough), yet has a swimming mode. 
So I'm just not super sure if this means it can be or cannot be used in the water, which would be the primary purpose of why I'd get it in the first place. I'm a surface lever swimmer as in I'm not going deep underwater unless I dive into the pool.

Just thought I'd get a straightforward answer - what I've been reading online is contradictory.

If it would suit my needs that would be phenomenal - especially because the LTE one is 100$ off on the samsung shop (as having LTE would make phone detoxing a frequent fun challenge).

Thanks for any help! 🙂
4 Replies
photosbyraffy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Short answer: yup. I've taken my older watch 6 for many swims in the pool.

Longer answer - the ratings are based on taking a product and submerging continuously at the depth specified for up to 30mins (that's my understanding of why the rating is states like that).

Given in swimming your arm will be moving in and out, it would be fine.

Only thing to remember is that testing and rating refers to fresh water- ocean swimming etc may corrode parts1721357443934.jpg
cleverEyes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you kindly for the help.
I think I might go ahead and pre-order it then 😁
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I believe all the watches are water resistant. They track swims. I have a watch 4 and swim every day with no adverse affects on the watch. Ive swum in pools, lakes and oceans, and showered. If you swim in salt water, though, it's best to rinse the watch with tap water as soon as practical. There is no reason to believe that the watch 7 wouldn't be water resistant.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern as a swimmer with the watch being water resistance. As many others have said it does have an IP68 rating. Give this link a try as well for some additional tips on about the water resistance of our watches: https://samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078031/

0 Likes