JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 11-25-2018 03:16 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
userWOXBENwZ4X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the goodnight mode turned on. Once I turned it off no problems.

0 Likes
userG0ULTYTnZm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had mine for 2 weeks and I'm experiencing exactly the same issues! It's very frustrating!

I changed from an Apple Watch with high expectations and so far I'm quite dissapointed. 😞

0 Likes
UnlikeLiam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you check the most recent post, the wonderful Samsung Community have provided you with a solution.
0 Likes
userC7cpqgSpWS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm getting angry reading these because I'm having the same problem is starting to wonder if it's ever going to be fixed.  I've tried all of the text suggestions except for a hard reset. I really hope I don't have to do that every few weeks

0 Likes
userkB7cozDNOo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was having the same problem and as soon as I turned off good night mode from my app on my phone it worked!

0 Likes
user4N3SLaDNEw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

That helped me too!

0 Likes
UnlikeLiam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userC7cpqgSpWS wrote:

I'm getting angry reading these because I'm having the same problem is starting to wonder if it's ever going to be fixed.  I've tried all of the text suggestions except for a hard reset. I really hope I don't have to do that every few weeks

Can you confirm that you have checked the below?

Wake Up Gesture - On

Do Not Disturb - Off

Good Night Mode - Off

You can also find these settings in the Galaxy Wearable App, if they do not match the settings on you watch then the 2 devices are not synced correctly.

Many Thanks

UnlikeLiam 

0 Likes
userflunuqHZTR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Count me in on this body count for this Failure to Gesture Display. My Galaxy 46mm Gesture displayed initially worked but has stopped recently.   All these suggestions listed have been tried and have failed to correct the problem. If not a software fix, our smart watches are failing and should be considered defective under the warranty.

0 Likes
user5TZZfzfRDw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Advanced, and then swipe to and touch Goodnight mode. Touch the toggle switch to turn it on, and then touch Done. Make sure to turn off the mode in the morning.
0 Likes
userQFjzavjo97
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have this issue now, not to mention all the other issues I have. Maybe the world's largest POS ever?  I've yet to get the numbersync to work for more than 5 mins, without it automatically turning off.  The screen only turns on manually now, and usually turns off the moment I get an inch away from the screen. Of course, At&t have no idea why I'm experiencing this issues,  and believe I'm must be the only person having the issues.  There so shocked, and at a loss for solutions to my 1 in a million problems. Yet I just simply do a little Bing search to find hundreds,  if not thousands of people experiencing the same issues  Wierd huh? Tired if being ripped off, and tired of being sold something that clearly doesn't work!! Looks great though....

0 Likes