JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
usereNh2fk41av
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seem to work alright -  Thanks for sharing. But still needs to be fixed in a software update for other watch faces

userg5ga5xkP82
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userKMyus215EI wrote:

I am being told that there is no ETA on when this will be fixed.  It could be 2 weeks, it could be 6 months, it could be longer.  If you want a reliable step counter then I suggest not holding onto this in hopes of a fix because the answer is that Samsung simply has no idea.  Return the watch for a refund and find another model.  That's what I am going to do.  It's a shame because I liked the other features it offered.

Could you imagine how amazing Samsung could be if they:

1- test products before releasing them

2- deliver quick updates to the unacceptable bugs we encounter with almost every product they release.

3- release new Android updates/versions faster

4- Remove Bixby, this annoying pos that no one asked and doesnt even work properly ?

They could wiped the competiton with that short list.

userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This so far has seemed to fix the step problem for me!

0 Likes
userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This so far has seemed to fix the step problem for me!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

What exactly helped you to fix the problem?

0 Likes
userKMyus215EI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

What exactly did you do to fix it?  I would love to try it.  Thanks.

0 Likes
ITDad92
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue none of the steps helped. 

What is the plan samsung?

0 Likes
user5l0UhqzcpE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've updated my S Health app and my galaxy watch software today, but it has the same bugs - pedometer and s health hear rate not working properly. 

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userXnG0DHQTSw Could you please tell me what helped fix the issue on your watch?

0 Likes
usergfHsvSgaRS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got my new Samsung galaxy watch on Monday. My S Health is on the 6.0 version which has made no difference to the counting of steps. I also tried the temporary solutions suggested on this thread which hasn’t helped. Yesterday I wore my Gear s2 and the galaxy watch. The galaxy watch registered only half of the steps that my gear did. Called Samsung, tech support still deny any knowledge of an issue which is frustrating. I have arranged for a replacement but let’s be honest it will no doubt be the same. Really disappointing effort Samsung. Before concentrating on your next big event in October, maybe concentrate on the issues with your new and existing products.

0 Likes